Observation Charging Application
Comply with observation services charging requirements
Facilities must understand and follow Medicare rules about observation charging — rules that change regularly and warrant process changes for multiple departments — in order to appropriately capture charges. Optum™ LYNX Observation Charging Application is specially designed to help calculate observation services charging in adherence with Medicare and other payer reporting requirements so that you can capture the revenue you have earned.
Stay on top of your charging requirements
Observation has its own set of calculations and charging requirements that must be followed to meet payer expectations. Observation Charging Application can help you stay efficient, effective and compliant.
- Calculate observation duration time, total reportable observation units for assigning Medicare G-Codes.
- Assign CPT(R)-based observation charging severity that accounts for the patient’s reason for observation care and discharge.
- Account for procedure carve out time for actively-monitored procedures from reportable observation time based on average or actual exclusion time.
- Capture procedure charges for separately billable procedures as permitted under the outpatient prospective payment guidelines.
- Maintain the infusion charging hierarchy from the patient’s initial treatment encounter.
- Track performance after purchase with quarterly charging assessments to monitorimpact on your charging.
- Deployable at a customized scale to accommodate everything from a single facility to a large integrated delivery network.
- Support in case of an audits with information explaining how the charging application works and adheres to regulations.
- Preserve existing IT investments through seamless integration with existing health care software.