ED Charging Application
Capture correct charges in the emergency department
With more than 50 percent of hospital admissions coming through the emergency department (ED), an efficient, comprehensive outpatient charging strategy is essential to accurate reimbursement. Optum™ LYNX ED Charging Application helps hospitals achieve consistent evaluation and management (E/M) visit level assignment, infusion service charge capture, procedure charge capture and ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding.
“We’re earning an additional $59,000 per month just by making sure infusion stop times are documented.”
— Luz S. Ronquillo, RN, MA, CCRN, RN-BC, Director of Informatics, Raritan Bay Medical Center
Keep billing and charging systems efficient
In this challenging climate of fiscal austerity, health care organizations require efficient solutions for their charging and billing processes, especially in EDs, the ED Charging Application is a comprehensive solution designed to deliver value for your ED consistently and efficiently.
- Standardize charging using the Optum LYNX ED visit level algorithm to calculate facility visit levels and the Optum LYNX professional charging module for professional visit levels.
- Capture procedure charges as permitted under the outpatient prospective payment guidelines and send to the hospital’s billing system.
- Allow clinicians to focus on recording the clinical elements of the infusion regimen without having to memorize the details of complex infusion service rules.
- Track performance after purchase with quarterly charging assessments to monitor impact on your charging.
- Deployable at a customed scale to accommodate everything from a single facility to a large integrated delivery network.
- Support in case of an audits with information explaining how the charging application works and adheres to regulations.
- Preserve existing IT investments through seamless integration with existing health care software.